THE WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD.

Today I had a spiritual conversation with my 10 year old son, and as it is my habit I found it as an opportunity to share the gospel with him. I know my son understands the gospel theoretically, so I had to scratch the surface of his faith in order to see the heart of his theology (thoughts about God). It all started as he came in my room to ask if he can lead the family devotions tonight. And if yes, then I must share any verse so he can read tonight. I saw that as a wonderful time to have a one on one conversation with my future assistant pastor. I began by asking him what does he know about the Christian faith? As I said earlier the young man is not ignorant of the Christian tenets, he is even able to outline the gospel. But when he told me that, if he can commit a sin and Jesus comes or he dies without him having time to repent and confess that sin, God has no choice but to send him in hell.

I wasn't surprised because I have heard hundreds of people answering the way and I once believed and taught the same thing. So I began by explaining to him about the bible. I pointed out to him that my words, or of any pastor under heaven are not reliable to teach us the truth about God. I challenged him that the bible, according to Christian doctrine is the word of God. That his opinion, my opinion, or anyone's opinion is not safe to us in matters of salvation with God. That only what God is saying in the bible, that is true and reliable enough to lead us to salvation.(2 Timothy 3:16)

Secondly, I showed him from the bible that there is a problem between us and God our Creator and no matter what we do, we can never solve this problem ourselves. Thirdly, it was time to give him the gospel, the WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD, it was time to tell him that all his sins, yes even the sins that he is yet to commit were put on Jesus Christ at the cross and he is now washed as white as snow.  Now, this is dangerous telling a 10 year old boy, that all his sins are forgiven, believe me that is risky. But the light on his face was enough to convince me that the gospel is really good news and very simple, that even boys are able to understand and receive salvation. Kids are going to love a God who has forgiven them unconditionally. When we teach the gospel to our children, they will WANT TO OBEY God spontaneously, only the gospel can transform the heart of a child. What this world need is GRACE.  We don't need more rules, neither our children need more rules, what is lacking in our homes, churches and society as a whole, is Grace. UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LAW AND GOSPEL

NARCISSISTIC AT CORE!